Sunday 17 July 2016

How to get Volume buttons to wake phone in Lolipop (CM12.1)?



Hi All I'm on CM12.1 (MT2L03 cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K2-mt2) and can't seem to figure this out. I had the volume buttons waking the phone from screen off in 4.3 working great...I used that for quite a while (since I used the option to end calls with power button need volume buttons to wake screen also saves wear to power button) so the hardware supports it but not sure how to get it working on lolipop (CM12.1).

In Jellybean, I just had to add 'WAKE' after the volume keys like:

key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE (in /system/user/keylayout to the kl files)

I tried this for CM 12.1 and it doesn't seem to work. Since it worked before I suppose it could work again if a setting is changed or something.

Also I tried adding:
ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=1
to my build.prop and rebooting and that didn't work either. (Setting it to 0 disables volume key waking)

The xposed module XUtilities option: Volume rocker wake also did not work.
The xposed module GravityBox doesn't have the option or I didn't see it there.

There's this reference:
http://cyanogenmod.github.io/cm_plat...ME_WAKE_SCREEN
which refers to VOLUME_WAKE_SCREEN setting (in CM API)

In the Buttons section of CM's settings, I have the End call (Pressing the power button will end the current call) option ON. One would think this would allow the volume buttons to wake the screen if the screen goes off during a phone call so you can wake it back up without ending the call. Also with this option on, on more than one occasion I went to turn my phone on just as an incoming call came in and used the power button which ended the call...so I've gotten in the habit of using the volume up/down buttons to turn on the screen getting around that issue (also saving wear and tear on my power button).

There's an app in the play store that can do what I want called DTSO but it stays running and uses more battery power. The hardware solution that was working in 4.3 didn't require a background app to allow this feature and also didn't require extra battery power. So this isn't ideal. I'd rather have Cyanogenmod ROM directly support it or have a way to use it with it.

I want to be able to press the volume buttons and the screen come on like it used to. How?

Thank you for any suggestions :fingers-crossed::good:



No comments:

Post a Comment