Wednesday 20 July 2016

On stock rom unrooted latest Firmware 24.49-18-4 TWRP 3.0.2-0 How do I root?



I am at a loss.
I am crazy and like to restore to stock whenever there is a security update or anything like that just so I can remember how to flash recovery, boot images, etc.
So I had the **18-3 with the Feb update and was rooted with SuperSU ( don't recall which ) and TWRP 3.0.0-1 I believe.
When I got the notification for the new security update I promptly unrooted, and flashed the stock 24.49-18-4 / 24.221.4 firmware and am able to boot.
I have installed the latest TWRP and can boot to it, and reboot to system all I want.

I have done this process twice now because the first time I tried to install SuperSU (2.76??) after all this I got stuck on the moto logo and could not boot.

Other threads have mentioned you cannot root with SuperSu on 6.0, or something to that effect.

So I am not unrooted (I believe) on 24.49-18-4 and want to root to be able to get SuperSU and the rest of my root apps up and running.

What do I do from here?



No comments:

Post a Comment