Sunday 17 July 2016

Lexar 128GB UHS-II cards not compatible with S7E



Just to pass on what I've found in case anyone else is tempted to pick up a high end Lexar UHD-II card which are sold as compatible for smartphones and tablets. I bought it so I could load my media onto the card relatively quickly, and hold my entire music collection.

I bought one with my S7E and had many problems - phone very slow to boot ( 5 minutes+ ) and dissapearing randomly being typical symptoms, there are a few other posts around with others noting the same issues.

Trying it in a PC using the Lexar UHS-II card reader provided showed many failed/retried block reads logged to the system event log using different PCs and card readers with this card.

Suspecting it was just bad from the factory, I RMA'd it and got a replacement.

After waiting for the replacemnt - this is just as bad, exactly the same issues in a S7E and also various PCs and card readers.

If you're looking for a 128GB card - I've used sucessfully Sandisk Ultras, and also the slower Lexar x633 cards.

Don't bother with the top end UHD-II Lexars.



No comments:

Post a Comment