Monday 25 July 2016

Few questions about changing roms [S6] Please Help



Hi,

Details about phone: Samsung S6 (G920I) I can't remember the exact ROM im on (yes im a noob). However my build number is LMY47X, which when searched by most views comes up with this rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...pha-1-t3107740) Android version 5.1.1 I have TWRP v. 3.0.2-1 as my custom recovery.


So my phone keeps restarting randomly been getting worse over the past few weeks. So I want to try a new ROM (had my current one for like 8 months). So I made a ROM back up just in case through TWRP and backed up all my user data through Titanium and exported both of it onto my PC.

I found a ROM I want to use "XtreStoLite" ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...n-1-0-t3094423) but I have a few questions before I try to install it.

First of will this work fine for the current setup I have?

Since I'm on 5.1.1 and they have a ROM version for 6.0.1 will I be able to install this version or do I have to use the 5.1.1 version? I've tried updating to 6.0.1 on my current ROM but my provider won't let me update OTA. Only way is to remove root and return it back to the stock ROM which I don't really want to do if I can avoid it.

Please help, any information will be greatly appreciated, feel free to ask any questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment