Sunday 17 July 2016

Downgrading to a stable version



Hello!

I have been using Cyanogenmod 12.1 and 13 as my daily drivers. While I deeply appreciate the work that has been put into it, it never reached the "stable and fast enough" state for me, and the instability and bugs (GPS fix, crashes) have not become better over time in my opinion.

So I would like to downgrade to a stable version that compromises well between reliability and still is recent enough, app permission management is important to me.
I have read threads like these, and KitKat 4.4.4 looks viable:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...lease-t3419543
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...t-rom-t3403207

The recommendation seems to be Slimsaber 4.4.4 by Fusionjack with DorimanX kernel. What do you guys think, is that a good choice for me? Maybe another Lollipop or Marshmallow version instead?

A few questions on how I should go about it:
  • Is my 1 GB repit fine or should I lower it again to 512 MB?

  • I have IsoRec-TWRP-2.8.7.0-20160113 installed, can I use that or should I flash another version first?

  • Anything else that I am missing for downgrading that is not mentioned in the installation instructions?


Thanks a lot in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment