Wednesday 20 July 2016

What Could Cause Bluetooth Audio Stutter? [6.0.1]



Hey everyone,

I've been battling this issue since Day 1, and its been a bumpy road. It seems as though this is a widespread issue across many Android devices, and fixes range but none of them seem to completely eliminate it.

When connected to Bluetooth audio, certain devices, the audio stutters or "skips". Ive noticed this extensively in KItKat. One fix for rooted devices was to increase the idle CPU frequency, I did so with Tasker and it definitely suppressed the stuttering, but did not completely eliminate it.

One of the most notable points of stuttering is when you answer a call via Bluetooth, then hang up. After hanging up, and music resuming, there is a solid ~10-20 seconds of constant stuttering and skipping until playback returns to normal.

Imagine my surprise when I upgraded to 6.0.1, and had absolutely no stuttering without increase CPU frequency or anything! Just buttery-smooth playback, all the way through, even after hanging up a call.

However, a couple of weeks after, the issue came back again. I had to re-enable my task to increase idle CPU frequency, and that horrible stutter after hanging up a call is back, strong as ever. To me this indicates perhaps something I modified after stock interfered. However my phone is quite heavily modified and the process of elimination would be damn near impossible, it could be anything from Xposed to a huge debloat I did.

Does anyone have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment