Monday 25 July 2016

SGH-T999 Custom ROM with working 4G



Greetings,

I really don't want this to be a repeat post, so I have spent many days now searching for this answer, not just here on XDA if I was honest, I have links to prove it ;)
The aim is to give a little new life to my old phone, and get off the 4.1 build it is on.

With that said, in summary, I have tried a few different custom ROMs; Cyanogenmod 11 - 13; stable to nightly. PAC MAN ROM for Lollipop, some other roms for KitKat I found else where, but in all these I have not been able to get 4G to work. I understand about updating the Modem, and got the latest version from DocHoliday777's post for the Galaxy S3, in point of fact I tried every modem version for 4.3+ on there :D
But for all this, and it's been time consuming I never managed to actually get 4G to work as stated :(
I tried playing with settings in Test Mode (*#*#4636#*#*), changed preferred settings, added APN's, rebooting during certain phases of the moon :)... but somehow it all avails me diddly.

Finally I have genuinely tried searching for info on if this just isn't going to happen and that's how it is, but somehow I found lots of posts about other models or networks that made it work more than something saying this won't work (putting aside the info on CM 11 that states it's a known issue and won't work on some build I forget).

Which leads me to this post: I wondered if anyone could point me in either the direction of a 4.4+ custom ROM or other ROM, compatible for SGH-T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy S3), that has working 4G. Or how I can get 4G to work on one of the ROMs I have already tried, kind of partial to a nice CM but I am willing to venture.

Also happy to just hear other input about giving new life to the phone so any feedback welcome :)

Thanks for your time!

NOTES
======
Using TWRP 3.x for flashing
Phone is rooted
not experienced at this but willing to read :)



No comments:

Post a Comment