Sunday 17 July 2016

OP3 rebooting to blank screen (with white notification light)?



Hi all, my unlocked and rooted (for the purpose of titanium etc) 5 day old OP3, running latest stock Oxygen is rebooting itself several times a day, but not rebooting back into the OS. It shows a blank screen and the notification light is lit white.

To get back into the OS, I have to power it down and restart. Sometimes it doesnt make it past the boot animation. It freezes, and reboots (again, to a blank screen with white notification light).

I've spent a couple of hours this morning wiping it (all apart from internal storage), and re-flashing.

The problem then got worse, as when flashing the stock ROM from recovery, or side loading it, the phone would reboot when it got to 90%. Whether I use TWRP (3.0.3-0), or stock recovery, I encounter the same problem.

I tried flashing a slimmer ROM (AICP), which flashed successfully, but I'm still getting reboots to blank screen with white notification light.

Any ideas?

P.s. I took a nandroid backup before encountering any issues, however the phone reboots (to the same state) when about 50% through restoring it.



No comments:

Post a Comment