Tuesday 26 July 2016

No sensors/GPS with custom roms



Last weekend I flashed an old HTC One X I had lying around with This Cyanogen
After a while I noticed location services was barely working.
Using androsensor I saw that, apart from sound and battery, none of my sensors were registering anything (waiting for event, or zero), and GPS saw NO satellites at all. (Sony in at the same time saw 21)

Being my first flash, I was thinking user error, everything else was working but hey.
I tried this resurrection remix, exactly the same result
I went back to old storage layout and tried the latest cm-11 snapshot, no difference.

Since I didn't think of testing the gps & co before flashing, I wanted to try to return to stock rom. but that's not as easy as it sounds apparently.
Backups got wiped while I was trying to get my first flash, and online references and links to tools are mostly invalid now.
I tried an original recovery and locking the bootloader, but got an error running the presumably correct RRU.exem, probably due to the 1.7x HBOOT I have.
There might be a hardware issue, I opened the device to check a dicky USB connector, but don't see any damage.

Finally tried This cyanogen again no difference.

So is there anyone left here with some more experience/insight that can help me get the sensors working in custom rom, OR be able to get me back to stock, so I can test them there.
If you need any more details, just ask.



No comments:

Post a Comment