Wednesday 20 July 2016

For all the repeat questions on ROM threads



I frequent the JasmineROM and CyanogenMod threads in this forum and have noticed (and answered) many repeat questions: questions that have already been answered maybe a page or two back. I've noticed frustration in the answers to these questions (I've felt it myself), so I decided to start a new thread that will address the questions and provide the answers. It won't stop the questions from happening, but at least we can all just paste a link instead of writing the same paragraph over and over to people who don't seem to do any research.

(This may be in the wrong section, but I figured General would fit it best. Please move it if it's better somewhere else.)

I know I'm going to forget to include quite a few things. If you've seen a repeat question, I believe (I don't know for sure :p) that replying to this post with at least the repeat question and then allowing me to edit it into this post will be a good way to go about this (I'll give credit with a name and link to the post).

Without further ado, here's the "FAQ":

Q: How do I root my Note?
A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...-twrp-t3360883

Q: How do I upgrade to the MM bootloader and modem?
A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...de-to-t3398144

Q: I have no WiFi after using the latest version of CyanogenMod, JasmineROM, PaulPizz or any other Marshmallow-based ROM.
A: Make sure you have upgraded the bootloader and modem to Marshmallow. Guide here.

Q: On CyanogenMod, I'm losing LTE and only getting 3G.
A: Reboot into Recovery and then back to System. It won't fix it permanently, but it will restore LTE for a while.
A2: Delete the StraightTalk APN from your APN settings. (Obviously, you shouldn't do this if you have StraightTalk.) (Not everyone has a problem with the ST APN, but I figure I'll put this here.)

Q: Screen rotation isn't working on JasmineROM 6 or 7.
A: Many people have reported that this is a result of debloating. Not everyone has the issue, but those who have say one they remove Facebook and DT Ignite (among others), screen rotation breaks.

Q: Bluetooth audio is stuttering in CyanogenMod 13.
A: The workaround for this is to enable Daydream. That will prevent the phone from going to sleep, but will display a dark background with a clock, allowing you to still get a fast charge. The problem with BT audio lies in a CyanogenMod change that caused some problems with Bluetooth discovery upon device wake. hsbadr is working on a new build with the fix incorporated.

It's not very much so far (it's hard to come up with this on the spot), but I hope you'll all help out by posting the other frequent questions you see around these forums.



No comments:

Post a Comment