Tuesday 26 July 2016

Considering buying OnePlus 3



Hi!
After having my SGS4 for 3 years now (Thought it would last alot longer but since Pokemon Go I realized my device is struggling to keep the game running smooth and battery drain is real) I was looking for a "Bang for the buck" phone, so OnePlus 3 came into mind.

Now I've read some reviews and some were more posetive than others, all in all it seems like a great phone, especially for the money.
However, I have some questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. The phone has no expandable SD card, which leaves from what I've read 52,66GB storage for the user to use. Is this partitioned or is it just whats left after Oxygen OS? In other words, will this change between ROMS? Whats your experience with this if you before this device got used to having SD slot?
2. I've read about GPS/Signal issues here, this is just software related right? (As it seems from other threads I've read).
3. It also seems that Sources have been released for OP3, which means development will be supported for a long time, am I correct here?
4. Some reviews said OIS function was really lacking, is it software or hardware issue? Is it lacking at all?
5. On SGS4 the screean has smearing (The blue pixels light slower than the other pixels, which gives smearing effect). Does OP3 have similar issue? (AFAIK it uses a Samsung AMOLED display)
6. Any hardbrick commands to avoid? (Like bootloader erase command for Nexus 7, and please do NOT find it out for me if you don't know, bricking your phone as result)
7. Is the fingerprint reader anything other than a reader, like is it a button or capacitive button?
8. How is using USB type C in a world full of MicroUSB?
9. Battery is not "swappable" but what I've seen it's pretty easy to replace if you open up the phone, do you think it will be changable or is the battery any "special edition" (Like SGS4 has built in NFC in it's battery).
10. If anyone have had SGS4 before, general comparision, I suspect about everything will be better with OP3. So to turn it around, what was better on the SGS4?

Thats all for now.

Just put corresponding number infront of your answer, if you want to anwser specific questions.

Thanks in advance and hopefully it will make me an OP3 owner :)



No comments:

Post a Comment