Monday 25 July 2016

Cant save to disk after rooting | Moto X 2013 | XT1053



Hi All,

Need help with resolving the issue on my rooted phone not allowing any settings to be persisted.

I rooted my Moto X 2013 XT1053 using the below guide: (still on stock rom)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ocked-t3140217
Issues:
  1. App settings are lost after reboot/restart

  2. Cant save settings for most apps (whatsapp, ES Explorer, Uber, CF.Lumin etc..)

  3. Cant recieve or send attachments in whatsapp

Behaviour observed: - Most issues are observed on apps that are updated or are not system apps.
ES File Explorer File Manager - I have the old free version of it installed and it can store its settings without any problem. But if I install the latest version, it cant save any settings and cannot do any write operations.
CF.lumin - save the settings but looses them when ever I restart/reboot my phone.
WhatsApp - downloads backup, and allows regular chats, but cannot download or upload any attachments. And looses all configuration when phone is restarted. have to start form scratch and reconfigure my account each time.
I have searched for a while now to resolve this issue, installed FolderMount, Mount /System RO/RW, edited the platform.xml file... but none resolved the issue.

Can some one please help me with a working solution that I might have missed.

Thanks,
aquaboyin



No comments:

Post a Comment