Sunday 3 July 2016

Unable to setup phone/use mouse via OTG. [OXYGEN OS 2.1.4, OXYGEN RECOVERY]



Earlier this year I dropped my phone and broke the screen, leaving all but a small section of the upper right corner unresponsive. To get around this, I used a mouse connected to my phone via OTG to control it, which worked well. At the time I dropped the phone I was still running Cyanogen Mod 12, but after the incident I decided to upgrade to OxygenOS 1.0. The upgrade process went fairly smoothly and I was still able to use the mouse in Recovery AND Setup.

But recently after having some issues with OxygenOS 1.0 I decided to install OxygenOS 2.1.4. Again, the process went relatively smoothly, I installed OnePlus' custom Recovery, followed the instructions, and managed to flash the new ROM. Here's where my problem lies: The phone boots up fine, and because its a fresh install I am greeted with the Setup process. But for some reason, I am unable to use my mouse via OTG in the Setup screen, nor in the OnePlus custom Recovery. This means that short of sending my phone away for repair, it is a good as a pretty paperweight, as I am unable to control it using the mouse, nor control it via the computer using ABD, as I am unable to enable USB debugging. If anyone knows a possible solution for perhaps disabling the Setup process, or forcing USB drivers, or even a modified ROM to allow for this, I would be incredibly grateful. I would rather not send it away for repair if I can.

So to reiterate:
1. Running OxygenOS 2.1.4
3. I am unable to use the mouse in Setup, nor in Recovery. Drivers are not working.
4. Unable to enable USB debugging, cannot bypass Setup.
5. Possible solution includes activating ADB in recovery, flashing custom Recovery, Modified ROM.
6. If all else fails help with flashing Stock Cyanogen back onto the device would be much appreciated.

Thank you for any and all help the matter!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment