Sunday 31 July 2016

Flashing *any* OS to Soft Bricked Nexus

Here are the cliff notes of what happened:

1) my screen turned off immediately after I entered the password.
2) I dismantled the phone and cleaned all relevant parts, thinking the hardware may be sending a double-click signal when I pressed the button once.
3) Help forums led me to believe the problem was a software malfunction with the front-facing camera: A sensor that interprets darkness to mean the phone was in a pocket and should have a dark screen.
4) I decided to factory reset the device to repair any outstanding software issues.
5) The factory device setup screen loaded... and the screen went dark and would not come back on.
6) I have managed to reach the boot loader. Now I am stuck; I cannot find a way to install a functioning OS.

Back information: A year ago I was running CM12. For the last six months I've been running Kali; I've had a persistant issue being unable to upgrade to Android 5.1 with Kali, so I intended to go back to CM (but 13 this time).

So presently: Factory resetting will not work because the screen goes dark before I finish the prompt. The Boot Loader is open. My computer recognizes the device but I cannot save anything to it (so I can't put a new ROM on it).

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment