Sunday 31 July 2016

UEFI Entry from Boot Disappeared

After installing RemixOS, I'm no longer able to enter the UEFI/BIOS Settings page during the initial laptop turn on. Usually, I just have to tap F2 to enter it, or else press F12 to enter the boot device selection menu and select BIOS settings option. But after installing Remix OS (from first v2 itself), F2 doesn't work and I can't find the BIOS entry option after pressing F12. Since I have Windows 10, I am able to enter the same from the advanced boot options within the Update/Recovery settings page. But I just can't figure out what to do of I don't have any post-Windows 8 OS installed. My system is a Fujitsu AH532, Intel Core i3(2310M), 4GB RAM, Intel HD3000 Graphics(with switchable nVidia 620M graphics) and Phoenix BIOS. Secure Boot and Quick boot are disabled and I have Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8 OEM. And yes, I did have the F2 entry option earlier(I understand that some OEMs have completely removed such a direct entry option). I tried reflashing the BIOS and repairing the boot.mgr, to no effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment