Sunday 31 July 2016

Not getting 3G on my T999 on tmobile even though my other phones do.

So I recently noticed that my T999 was not getting any 3g H+ signals and was stuck on edge. The 3g was working in Taiwan (I lent it to my mom who has since upgraded) so I'm guessing it is some sort of authentication problem. Here is what I tried:
  1. I odin'd back to the latest stock rom and it was still stuck on edge.

  2. installed custom stock rom for 4.1.2 so I could access the qualcom usb menu

  3. The IMEI is fine but the IMEI SV is 12 which I don't know if it is correct. So I tried NV item reader writer and made a backup.

  4. I then downloaded an NV items file which is supposed to fix 3g issues after an imei repair (which I did not do) from a thread in gsmhosting.com and wrote that into my device which did not work and is still stuck on edge.

  5. tried same thing with QPST

  6. tried to install SQS3 QCN generator but the author of that program has disabled the server so I can't install it and so cannot repair my IMEI

  7. tested the nano sim card on an T mobile SGS vibrant and a Tmobile lumia 521. Both got 3g.

  8. The nano sim is slightly thinner than a micro sim and the adapter does not compensate for thickness though I don't know if this really matters and I don't have an adapter that does compensate.


At this point I am almost contemplating buying a new IMEI number to see if that does anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment