Sunday 10 July 2016

Running Andy OS in bridged network mode and backing it up



I needed some of my apps running on AndyOS to search/recognize/talk with the the machines on my physical network. I checked in the VMWare player that installs with AndyOS. It turned out that the AndyOS guest was having two virtual network adapters one configured in NAT and another Host Only. As far as my understanding goes, to let guest to communicate with machines on physical network we need guest to have virtual network adapter connected in bridged mode. So I configured one and booted Andy OS. Power off those other two virtual NICs and ran the OS from VMWare. But it seems that AndyOS is not meant to run directly through VMWare. Is it so? It did not started. So I started it from the Start Andy system tray icon. It loaded only the bottommost black button bar of the Andy but nothing else. Now I have reset whatever I have done and trying it to start. But same behavior, only the bottommost black button bar loads. Seems that I have screwed my Andy OS. Is it? (1)Is there are any way to recover. I am surprised to find this since I did not do much changes and still the stuff is not working well. Now I think I should have copy pasted old stable vmdks somewhere so that I could have ran Andy from them once it gets screwed. But (2) is it possible to copy paste vmdks as say system image? Anyone tried?



No comments:

Post a Comment