Sunday 3 July 2016

Completely bricked Xperia C5 Ultra (E5533)



Hello All,

I've got big issue with E5533 device. As I was told device had just turned off suddenly some time ago. I've read something about "sudden death" of Xperia smartphones - after that I've tried to use the 'yellow' reset switch I've found nearby SIM card slot - this does not really help at all. I've tried to power up the phone, it was connected to charger over 12h - after that the icon of low battery still show up, the icon of battery and 'flash' as well. After double-click of power button device showed 'Sony' and 'xperia' logo and after that the black screen appears.
What's more interesting after connecting device to PC - it's available you can see the folders etc, etc.
After that I used Sony Pc Companion and used 'repair' option - same situation - logo and black screen...
I used Flashtool, downloaded the latest 5.1 version of firmware, at first received some issues with BOOT to load - searched on forum and set minimum 128 value of speed.
Firmware flashed successfully - happy to see the results I've started the device using power button - and guess what - logo and black screen again... :(

I've noticed that phone is starting up after few secs in low light - but seems to reboot after the phase of updating android apps it goes from 0 to 190 and then the screen goes black again... then shows some error I'm unable to read.

Have you got any E5533 stock firmware maybe lower that 5.1 for me to try flash it?

OR have you got an idea what can I do next with this device?

I used this firmware: E5533_29.1.B.0.87_1301-8214_R1A



No comments:

Post a Comment