Tuesday 2 August 2016

Why dd-cloned android asks password on boot?

Hello,

It's my first post to this forum and hoping to have any hint.

I'm using ODROID's C2 for my project with a microSD where whole Android (Lollipop 5.1) system is on. After installing apps and changing some setups, now I like to make a complete clone of this card. So I did as below on my Mac.

Saved whole microSD into an image:
$ sudo dd if=/dev/disk3 of=./clone.img

Cloned to another microSD with the image above.
$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk3
$ sudo dd if=./clone.img of=/dev/disk3 bs=1m

But after booting with the cloned card, Android asks for a password on boot up saying "To start Android, enter your password", which I've never set. After entering any code, it says "Decryption unsuccessful" and gets stuck, even though I've never enabled Full Disk Encryption or so.

I wonder if there's any way to clone a working copy that doesn't ask for password. :rolleyes:

No comments:

Post a Comment