Tuesday 2 August 2016

Airplane mode will not turn off

Hi all, I've been battling this problem for days now. Airplanr mode is stuck 'Turning off...' and wont connect to my mobile carrier. Things I've tried:

Restarting phone with and without SIM inserted
Factory reset from setting
Factory reset from recovery mode
Flashed to the same build twice using the flash from SD card method.

I have no idea what to do next. I doubt it's a hardware problem as the phone detects the sim card when I put it in and asks if it's O2 pay and go or pay monthly, so it can even read it, it's just the phone wont come out of airplane mode.

I am on holiday without a PC but feel free to post ideas that requires one. I would rather not root or s-off the device just yet, and would rather stay on stock ROM as it's still in warranty. Problem is, it's in the UK and the warranty is held in Taiwan, which means sending it internationally to get it fixed. It's also a problem as there is a language barrier between me and their support for phone calls and their live chat button appears to always be greyed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment