Tuesday 2 August 2016

[Q] How to disable background media scan on Kit Kat?

Is there a way to disable media scan on KitKat? I have a rooted Sony Z3 with an external microsd card.

I know there was an app for Gingebread, but I understand it's not compatible with Android 4+.

I understand it used to be common to place a .nomedia empty file in folders not to be scanned, but is this still possible/does it still work now that Kitkat has made it harder to write to external SD cards?

I am asking the question because android.process.media is draining my battery. I use poweramp as a music app and I have disabled background scanning, but something else must be triggering it.

Btw, I tried formatting the card with the phone, and I also tried removing the card altogether (so i don't know what on earth is being scanned), but android.process.media keeps running and draining battery!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment